DiskSPD GUI Tool (PowerShell/Winforms/Microsoft DiskSPD)
DiskSpd is a highly customizable I/O load generator tool that can be used to run storage performance tests against files, partitions, or physical disks. DiskSpd can generate a wide variety of disk request patterns for use in analyzing and diagnosing storage performance issues, without running a full end-to-end workload. You can simulate SQL Server I/O activity or more complex, changing access patterns, returning detailed XML output for use in automated results analysis.
GeekBench GUI Tool (PowerShell/Winforms/CMD Utility)
Geekbench GUI Tool compares system performance across devices, processor architectures, and operating systems.
1. Deploys the Geekbench ZIP file to the remote computers using PowerShell remoting (instead of traditional file copying, it copies files over a PSSession to multiple computers simultaneously).
2. Unzips the archive on the remote machine leveraging Windows’s built in zip file support, via the Shell.Application object.
3. Runs licensing, benchmark with export to remote computer.
4. Transfers the export file to local machine (where the script is running from).
5. Deletes the deployed files on the remote machines.
6. Run Geekbench licensing on the local machine.
7. Converts the original export to HTML and text.
NetIO GUI Tool (PowerShell/Winforms/CMD Utility)
NetIOGUI measures the throughput of a network via TCP and UDP protocols using various different packet sizes.
It uses PowerShell Remoting to deploy a command line instance on multiple target machines and run it as a server process, where another instance is running on the source machine to perform the benchmark and collect the data from the remote machines.